Calix Community  

Continuous ping required to keep 711GE Ethernet port from dropping

We have a 711GE ONT coming off our OLTG-4E, GPON.  Connected to this is a Mitel 6768i SIP phone.  For some reason, the phone loses connectivity sporatically and recovers after about 20 to 30 minutes.  I contacted Mitel and they gave me the correct firmware, which has now been upgraded.  The problem still happening.   I later began to ping the IP that the phone was pulling.  Then, I decided to put a continuous ping on it, so that I could see when it went out.  Waited all day, phone never lost connectivity.  Decided to stop the continous ping, the phone lost connectivity soon after.  Since I do not have access to our DHCP server, I am trying to eliminate calix products all together before I bring it to our IT Dept attention.  Anyone have any suggestions??

Re: Continuous ping required to keep 711GE Ethernet port from dropping

When the port is having issues I assume you mean traffic from the internet side going to the Mitel is having issues?

Thank you,

Don

Calix Certified

Since this is so quite easily reproducible, I would recommend packet capturing between the ONT and phone using an Ethernet switch with port mirroring or a copper tap.

What are your ARP and MAC address table timers on your upstream router?

It seems our IT dept has their ARP/MAC timers set to 8 hours.  Calix timer on our VR is set to 65535.  This problem is only happening to this connection.  I have other SIP phones with the same set up and cannot duplicate anywhere else.  Already checked all physical connections as well. 

Highlighted

Is this a L2 or L3 VLAN in the C7? 

If L2 how is the VLAN setup?