Calix Community  

Calix Certified
Calix Certified

Non Pay Disconnect Issues

Have an odd issue, when we shut of internet for customers that did not pay their bill, I disable the GE port on the ONT and then suspend traffic. this usually does the trick but I keep running into an issue where it looks like it shut off the port and the traffic but then come to find out it is still active... Anyone else run into this issue before or also how do you shut off your customers?

Re: Non Pay Disconnect Issues

@JJS

Good afternoon,

The precedure you mentioned above for suspending traffic should be all you need to do for a subscriber disconnect. 

Question to clarify, when you suspend the traffic on the port the port service state should be OOS and the port should go down. Can you provide details on what you see? 

Scenario 2:

Do you suspend traffic and the port stays IS-NR and the port show up?

Thank you,

Don

Calix Certified
Calix Certified

I take the GE port out of service and apply it, wait until the screen updates and then click action and suspend traffic.

Port showed down but then when do the rest of them and go back and look at the ones I have done, some of them are back to passing traffic again as if I did not suspend the traffic but the port is still on OOS. Odd!

This has happened a few times to me now and I originally thought I was just missing the step to suspend traffic, but I am not so something else is happening here and I am not sure what.

Maybe I am having a problem with CMS not applying the settings to the ONT...

After you suspend the port does the secondery service state for all the problematic ports change?

Can you verify that the secondary service state shows the port as "Suspend Both (Tx and Rx)?

I would also investigate the DB change logs on those ports. 

Thank you,

Don

Highlighted
Calix Certified
Calix Certified

next time I do disconnects I will pay close attention to all that but it was coming up both tx and rx suspended that I can recall.