Calix Community  

Established Subscriber
Accepted Solution

844-e wireless tab gone from GUI when connected via wifi?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but just recently I discovered that if connected via WiFi to a customer's 844e, on the GUI, the wireless tab is missing. This is not the case if I connect directly on the LAN ports. Is this a glitch or by design, because nearly 100% of our customers 844e's are setup via wifi, either by my phone, tablet, the customers pc, or my laptop (which doesn't even have an ether net port) I/we NEED THIS FUNCTIONALITY! At least make it available when logging in via the "support/support" service door? Please!!?
Contributor

Re: 844-e wireless tab gone from GUI when connected via wifi?

@Plund,

What deployment scenario do you have for the 844E? I have an 844E in WAP mode behind an 844G, and another in 844E in RG mode behind a 711GE. I tested both wired and wireless ly. In both instances I logged in with the support credentials and saw me Wireless tab.What credentials did you use to log in? What version of software are you running? I can't speak for others but I have found it a best practice to load software on the 844E prior to install.

@Plund I just logged into my 844E here at home wirelessly and the wireless tab comes right up without an issue. I've actually never seen it disappear on any of our loads. Have you tried different web browsers or clearing your cache to make sure it's not just something with how your browser is interacting with the GUI?
Established Subscriber

My apologies, yes, I went on to test this issue over the next several days and never once encountered the missing "wireless" tab. I panicked on a late service call, was unable to use a wired pc/laptop connection, and was forced to use phone to configure the 844e-1. Not exactly why this issue presented itself, but I've never seen it before or since. Upon return to the customers house a couple days later to finish some loose ends, the wireless tab was displayed. Best guess was as mentioned, phone may have conflicted somehow. Thank you for the responses, very grateful for an active community.
Community Manager

@Plund - what was the phone and browser type?

Established Subscriber

Samsung Note4 using a Chrome browser, logged in with suport credentials, WPS connected via both WiFi bands