Calix Community  

Calix Certified

CC+ and non-Gigacenters: Setting up parameters for specific models

First, I am very new to Compass and all it offers. We've never had any exposure to Consumer Connect, but I have been in CC+ thoroughly and after encountering some issues with non-844 devices, we have been doing research. Apparently, CC has a way to hardcode parameters for specific devices but I am not finding this feature in CC+.

Am I missing something or is that not supported? If not, will it be supported in the near future? 

Re: CC+ and non-Gigacenters: Setting up parameters for specific models

What specific parameter are you trying to set and on what device?

Calix Certified

One example is the BEC 8920NE modem. We can set the ACS info into it and it comes up in CC+ but with limited functionality. For example, the wireless info is not found on the initial inform parameters, configuration is limitied to LAN DHCP settings only (nothing for wireless or port forwarding) and the "Connect to Device" funtion is not working.

The "Connect to Device" is what I am really wanting to get going. It is my understanding that the request CC+ is using is not supported by the modem, specifically:

<cwmp:GetParameterValues xmlns:cwmp="urn:dslforum-org:cwmp-1-2" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"> <ParameterNames soapenc:arrayType="xsd:string[1]"> <string>InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.RemoteAccess.</string> </ParameterNames> </cwmp:GetParameterValues>

That gets a Fault Code:9003 which BEC says is because it is not supported. We would need to have a way to remedy this so I was hoping to get a way to edit things like this where maybe a device-specific method would be an option.

[ Edited ]

BEC is not a supported modem vendor in CC+. Only third party manufacture supported currently in CC+ is SmartRG. I would contact your sales engineer and have him input a new feature request (NFR) for BEC 8920NE support. We plan do add more support for third party vedors, so by doing this, we hopefully bump up the priority for BEC 8920NE.

Contributor

Out of curiosity, is the compatability with SmartRG limited to their modems? I'm testing out an SR400AC router that has TR-69 capabilities, but I do not see the device registering in CC+. ~Izzy

@Izzy_G there may be some other caveats to this but currently in the KB that Josh noted only the following are supported:

SmartRG Models supported in the February 2016 release:
300N
300NE
350NE
360N
500NE
Contributor

@mcarter,

That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the backup.

Contributor

Hello,

Are there any managed switches supported in Compass?

Thank you!