Calix Community  

Calix Certified

SSID/PASS Persistance

It there a way to get the gigacenters to register custome SSID/Password info with a registration ID currently i believe that is done directly in the Gigacenter and would not persist if it was replaced.

Re: SSID/PASS Persistance

If you replace the ONT in CC+ with REGID the SSID/PASS will persist between the devices. Every time the customer makes a change in the EWI for their SSID/PASS an automatic backup to CC+ is triggered. These backups are attached to the subscriber/REGID in CC+ which means if you replace an 844 using the REGID it will move them over and do an auto restore on the new device once it comes up getting the customer up and running as they were on the old device.
Calix Certified

OK sounds good i also have a few 844GE that have already booted up and i moved them now i cant find where you enter in the reg id in there GUI is it a different login.

For the 844GE you're only going to be able to get to the SMART ACTIVATE when reset and no fiber attached. You can follow the guidelines here: https://www.calix.com/content/calix/en/site-prod/library-html/systems-products/prem/op/p-gw-op/ae/80...
Calix Certified

OK its good that is just a bit bulky for my techs