Calix Community  

Some Gigacenters lose service light. Resolution is to Add subscriber and associate device

I have had random 844E-1 Gigacenters out in the field lose the service light and the customers report not being able to surf.  I can still connect via compass and have discovered the resolution is to add the subscriber account and make sure the data service is on (which it is when going through the "are service configured through another system: NO).  After the Gigacenter CXNK is associated with the customer the service starts working.  I am curious to why this is only on certain ONTs and if something may have changed in compass? Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thank you,
Josh

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Some Gigacenters lose service light. Resolution is to Add subscriber and associate device

@jlyalls

I haven't had that issue occur. I've noticed that if my 711GE on GPON reboots after a loss of power, the 844E will have the Service LED stay a solid red until booted. Its an odd issue that we have only started seeing recently. We are running 12.1.1.45 to utilize the APAS feature, and we really haven't had any other issues. Do you normally provision the subscriber account in CC+ prior to turning up an 844E in the field?

What version of sofware are your 844E's running? Is this isolated to ONTs on GPON or AE? Are the ONTs G, GX, GE? Did you have another external factor like mine (like losing power), or an issues with the upstream node? Can you reproduce it in a lab environment or on a VDSL modem?