Calix Community  

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Using Consumer Connect Plus to manage GPON Gigacenters

Has anyone set up 844GE in Consumer Connect Plus without using CMS? I have only been able to successfully deploy 844GE in GPON by first setting up the services in CMS, then it will report to CC+. In AE I am able to only set everything up in CC+ and not have to provision anything on CMS. Can I set up GPON similar to AE?

Re: Using Consumer Connect Plus to manage GPON Gigacenters

@LuisAvalos in the GPON deployment you'll always be required to at the very least use an E7. This is because the services are all provisioned by OMCI through the E7, CC+ cannot do this. AE and GPON are very different in their service deployments. You won't be able to have ALL provisioning pushed to an 844 running on GPON through CC+.

Ok, thank you. The trouble we are having is when we provision the services in CMS our video is set up as a routed service when we need it to be a bridged service.

I would recommend reviewing the following flow as you'll need to use a golden config file for the deployment you're trying to setup:

https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/view/1f742b0f-8de8-4367-b7cd-bb6108e6f665

You won't be able to setup a L2 bridge video service natively through the E7 and will be required to upload a golden config that sets up the RG portion of the Gigacenter so that it can keep the service through a reboot. I would recommend keeping the following site bookmarked for references as you move forward. It has a large amount of data concerning various deployment models and working with the Gigacenters.

https://www.calix.com/my-calix/gigafamily-resources.html

Thank you