Calix Community  

Re: ODC-100 and E7-2 alarms

Following up here because I did not hear of a resolution or hear of a case. I followed up with Eltek and they said the Calix default controller settings do not have this enabled. This is not a setting we would recommend and all our controllers are preset with default configurations for ODC cabinet deployments.

They said if it needs to be looked into further, they would require the firmware and model of the controller in question because any setting change needs to be pre-configured or user enabled.

Any questions let me know

Nate Jacobsen

Product Line Leader OSP Electromechanical Products

Contributor

So this comes in disabled and it should remain disabled?

Are these settings that come with Eltek controller preset to be the right ones and we should not touch them?

Hi Sorin, Yes, disabled by default. All the alarm and power configurations for the controllers are based on the deployment model of the cabinet. We work with Eltek and other rectifier manufacturers to make all the settings necessary based on wiring and power configurations. No other changes should be necessary and recommend no user intervention after turn up. I would however highly recommend gaining access to the rectifier remotely. This will give good insight to the alarm conditions as they arise and help eliminate unnecessary truck rolls. You can backhaul the connection using a copper SFP.

Highlighted
Contributor

All our active panels have the rectifier connected and we have permanent access to them.

I've just compared 2 recently installed ODC-100 and I see slight difference between alarms configured. I am not sure if someone changed it, but we have 5 more coming up in the next few weeks, and i will take a look and make sure they are the same.

Thank you!