Calix Community  

Neila_Matheny

Calix Innovation Awards Video: BEK Communications and BEK Sports

by Community Manager Community Manager ‎11-08-2011 10:03 AM - edited ‎11-08-2011 10:22 AM

We announced the Calix Innovation award winners at our Users Group conference last week. As I've shared on this blog, I was lucky enough to visit many of the awardees in their home regions over the past few months. A video crew and I captured these unique stories in the service providers' own words. They really demonstrate how service providers can make a lasting difference in their communities. Throughout the next few weeks, I will be sharing these videos here and I encourage you to share your thoughts and own stories in the comments.

BEK Communications

Our first awardee, BEK Communications, provides voice, video and high-speed data services to approximately 6000 customers throughout six counties in south central North Dakota.  Their local sports offering, known as BEK Sports, exemplifies the impact of local programming in the community. BEK in partnership with nine other service providers in the state, produces live coverage of high school sporting events and offers behind-the-scenes internships for interested students. For more, check out the video:

Look for videos on our other awardees, Dickey Rural Networks, Volcano Telephone, Reservation Telephone, Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative, and Sebastian coming soon.

Post a Comment
Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
Latest Tweets
About the Author